All those who wishing to be involved in the teaching of the internationally accredited USM Whole Brain Learning courses.
QUALIFI ACCREDITED COURSE
TEACHING WHOLE BRAIN LEARNING
Duration: 4 days
Course attendance: Min 10 delegates.
Training Venue: Internal & External
This course facilitates the creative and intellectual awakening and accredits people in teaching whole brain learning. It is a program of true self-discovery, which facilitates individuals’ realization of their power and creative capacity by integrating the creative, emotional, and imaginative functions of the right brain with the logical, practical and strategic functions of the left-brain. This mind integration is essential to cognition, self-discovery, creative invention, critical thinking and effective pedagogy.
INTRODUCTION - DAY 1
- 9 Steps to success
- Understanding yourself better
- Whole Brain Learning explained
- Overcoming challenges
- Optical illusions
- Self - concept
- Self - belief
- Brain puzzles
MODULE 1: RETENTION – DAY 1
Retaining large volumes of information as presented, is difficult for most learners. This section helps with the retention of all types of information and any subject
- Your brain & how it works
- Ignite the brain’s creative right hemisphere
- Memory exercises
- Mnemonic system to master A-Z & 0-9
- Learn and remember unfamiliar words and information
- English vocabulary made easy
MODULE 2: LEARNING - DAY 2
Understanding your work is important for recall and application. How to learn and focus is dealt with in this section. It is important for the learner, when learning to be as effective as possible.
- Learning from a text book - TPQRWTR
- Classification of information
- Identifying what is important
- Finding all the questions and answers.
- Rewriting in Linear summarizing style
- Keyword extraction
- Self testing
MODULE 3: EXAM TECHNIQUES - DAY 2
This module deals with teaching the learner to think both creatively and logically, giving clear guidelines on how to be a successful learner and pass exams.
- Examination preparation
- Handling examination anxiety
- How to succeed in an examination
- Examination vocabulary
- Healthy brain foods & sleep
- Planning your day
MODULE 4: APPLICATION - DAY 2
The application of the skills taught are reinforced no matter what subjects the learner needs to master, from Mathematics to Geography and from the Sciences through to the Humanities
MODULE 5: EXAMINATION - DAY 3
Candidates will write a 2-hour content examination. Pass mark 90%
MODULE 6: REAL TEACHERS - DAY 3
Connecting with your students is paramount to their success.
- Teacher’s responsibility
- Posture & Dress
- Great teacher characteristics - assessment
- Telling vrs Teaching
- Old vrs new paradigm of teaching
MODULE 7: TEACHING - DAY 3
The ability to ‘teach’ and not ‘tell’ is a critical factor in a student’s success.
- Rapport building
- Body language
- Voice Clarity, Tone, Pace, & Volume
MODULE 8: LISTENING - DAY 3
Listening in class is one of the most important tasks of a learner’s day. To teach in a way that assists learners with the anticipation of important information is invaluable.
- Active listening skills
- Note taking skills
MODULE 9: PRACTICAL - DAY 4
The ability to teach and demonstrate an understanding of Module 1, 2, 3 & 4
MODULE 10: ADMINISTRATION - DAY 4
Teachers will go through all procedures and receive training material for the successful running of the Advanced and Intermediate Certificate courses.
- The ability to teach all, Advanced & Intermediate certificate programs
- Earning Potential