Learners are not taught how to learn and much of their success or failure can be attributed to the way they learn.
The Ukufunda Study Methods Whole Brain Learning courses were first taught in the early 90s and assists learners with the 6 learning stages below. The course encourages and teaches Whole Brain Learning, and acknowledges the roles of both the left and right hemispheres of the brain. “WHOLE BRAIN LEARNING. “All of right hemisphere imager discovery, feelings and impressions are recognized by the analytical left hemisphere — mystery is integrated and the ability to solve problems and invent the future enhanced.
We recognize, encourage and empower learners to understand
the several stages of learning:
CREATING INDEPENDENCE NOT DEPENDANCE
- Remembering (Memorization) (School)
- Understanding (School)
- Applying (Tertiary/Adult)
- Analyzing - separate into parts or elements and describe in detail (Tertiary/Adult)
- Evaluating - express an opinion concerning the value in terms of known criteria
- includes analysis, testing in terms of criteria, etc. (Tertiary/Adult)
- Creating new ideas (Tertiary/Adult)